What's New in Qt 5.13
New Features in Qt 5.13
Qt 3D Module
- Added support for importing and exporting OpenGL texture handles.
- Added framegraph nodes for fence objects.
- Added priority based picking.
- Added initial glTF 2.0 scene import support.
Qt Bluetooth Module
- Windows: Removed the need for pairing in order to discover and connect.
Qt Core Module
- Clang: Added a new configure switch
-coverage, useful for fuzzing.
Qt GUI Module
- Added QImage::convertTo(), a new function for converting an image in-place.
- QPainterPath: Added support for clear, reserve and capacity methods with the same semantics as QVector::clear() (preserving allocations).
Qt Location Module
- Added support for geopolygons with holes, reflected in MapPolygons and MapPolygonObjects.
- Introduced interoperability with GeoJSON, adding import/export functionality.
Qt Network Module
- Windows: Added secure channel support for SSL sockets.
- Added support for Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) stapling.
Qt QML Module
- Improved support for enums declared in C++.
- Implemented the generation of function tables on 64-bit Windows, making it possible to unwind the stack through JITed functions.
Qt Quick Module
- Added support to TableView for hiding rows and columns.
Qt Quick Controls 2 Module
- Added SplitView QML type.
- Added a cache property to icons.
Qt Wayland Module
- Added a new client buffer integration for
linux-dmabuf-unstable-v1. Qt clients already had support through
- Added support for the
Qt WebEngine Module
- Updated to Chromium 73.
- Added support for application-local client certificate store.
- Added support for client certificates from QML.
- Added support for viewing PDF files via an internal Chromium extension.
- Introduced the Web Notifications API.
- Android 5.0 (API level 21) is now the minimum supported version.
- Added support for content: URLs to QFile.
- Added native file dialog support.
- Added a new shell integration for
Technology Preview Modules
Qt for Automation Modules
- Added a secure client API.
Qt OPC UA
- Added a QML API (as technology preview).
- C++ API is now out of technology preview.
- Added a secure client C++ API (as technology preview).
Open62542backends now have feature parity.
Qt CoAP (Technology Preview)
- Added DTLS support.
The following modules are part of Qt 5.13, but are deprecated and considered for removal in subsequent releases of Qt:
- Qt Script
- Qt Quick Controls 1
- Qt XML Patterns
The following modules were deprecated earlier and are no longer part of the Qt 5.13 release:
- Qt Canvas 3D
List of API Changes
The pages below contain a list of API changes in Qt 5.13: