Qt Quick WebGL
Using Qt Quick WebGL
Any Qt Quick application can be launched with the webgl platform plugin as follows:
./qmlapplication -platform webgl
This starts a lightweight web server on port 8080, that the client can connect to with a web browser that supports WebGL. The listening port can be configured as follows:
./qmlapplication -platform webgl:port=80
Keyboard, mouse, touch, and multi-touch events from the client are passed to the application.
- Streaming OpenGL® commands over the network imposes an amount of delay compared to running the application locally.
- Desktop applications that use Qt Widgets are not supported by the plugin.
- Text elements may not display correctly when the Text.NativeRendering render type option is set.
- Only one active client per process is permitted. Subsequent clients attempting to connect to the server will see a loading indicator until the previous client disconnects.
- Streaming audio is not supported.
webgl plugin requires a threaded render loop. On Windows and other platforms that use a different render loop by default, set the
QSG_RENDER_LOOP environment variable accordingly: